Clustrmap

Wednesday 11 July 2012

First attempt...


OK, so here is my first blog! Hopefully I am doing the right thing. I am focusing on extreme landscapes as I have never really studied this area, especially glacial processes as I have never looked into this area. 

Initially, I thought I would just google what ‘extreme landscapes’ came up…it’s mainly pictures of glaciers, mountains and dry desert landscapes. This could be a useful starting point for a lesson as students could identify why areas are designated as ‘extreme’.  For example, some of the reasons why this picture may be seen as extreme is…

This type of thing could be done for any landscape with ideas from students. I think using a visual to help see different types of landscapes will help ideas flow, rather than imagining a landscape. Different aspects could be looked at e.g. why is is an extreme landscape physically/for humans/for animals to see how the landscape affects different things and the role the physical plays in this. This could be done with any age group. Older students could comment further (maybe like a domino effect) rather than just stating the facts e.g. little growth of plants - due to the harsh climate and terrain. Plants favour different climates. No plants = no animals living here etc.

Quite a simple start for me on this topic :).

























No comments:

Post a Comment